Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Davis Household - On the mend......
We're all doing much better. I think I'm finally getting over whatever I had - after going to the doctor three times, getting three shots, and taking four different meds........
Henry is MUCH better. He has apparently had strep since August 29th even after taking two rounds of antibiotics. On Saturday, he woke up VERY sick - very sore throat and chills. His fever got up to 104. At the doctor's office, they tested him for strep, the flu and tested his blood. The doctor came back in the room to give us the news - he first said "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that he doesn't have the flu". Henry asked "What's the bad news?" The doctor said "You are one really sick boy". Henry followed that up with "Well, we knew that!". Dr. Bichir said that Henry "made his day" :)
No flu - but BAD case of strep. White blood cell count was super high too. The doctor listened to his chest - pneumonia in his right lung. Poor little guy!! They gave him a shot of antibiotics, a breathing treatment and prescriptions for antibiotics and breathing treatments. He's doing great taking his super yucky antibiotic and is feeling so much better. Still coughing some - but much better.
We are sending healthy thoughts to everyone!!
~Shelly :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment