Our little girl - Sadie- the cheerleader :)
Our boys played really well being the first "real" game for almost all our boys. They had to play by all the real rules - and had real referees. Quite different from Biddy Ball....
They are a team of all third graders - great experience for all of them! Check out Bub in his sports glasses. He likes them and they don't seem to bother him.
Benjamin is very scrappy..... He got a tooth knocked out in one scuffle :) He went up to the referee with his hand out and the referee finally stopped play. My first thought was that he had a lense pop out of his glasses - but then he came over to me and handed me the "tooth". It was a tooth that needed to come out - a baby tooth - thank goodness :)
He was really into it.
We won 20-16 :)
The second game was against Damon Bailey's team. He coaches and his son plays. I was impressed even though no other dad's were impressed :( Thought I was silly, I guess. This is the first time I had seen him since he played at IU. He was quite a legend while we were in college. Jason and I were at the rival college.... It was just fun seeing him. We'll have him down at NH in December when we host a weekend of games and then the weekend of the tournament!
Our bub was playing his heart out.....
Always a scrapper after the ball. I love it!!
Pressuring the ball handlers (bad thing about this team is ALL of them were ball handlers!).
He and Drew Kuerzi were tearing them up!! So fun to watch!!
They didn't tear them up quite enough - they beat us pretty bad..........40-8. Yuck! But, they sure learned a LOT in that game! That's what this league is all about - learning, so they can improve.
We're scrimmaging the 4th grade travel team tomorrow night! Should be fun!! We're off to Bloomington next weekend for two more games.
~Shelly :)














No comments:
Post a Comment